January 30, 2010

When the Sun became the Moon

Today the Sun looks like the Moon. Shying away like a child, hiding behind the foggy morning. Nature evokes good thoughts.

After a hectic night shift at office, a sight of deep red roses bundled for sale at some unknown market, took all the tiredness away from me. I could feel the freshness in my soul. This is not the first time, I felt this. I believe in nature… I believe in its connection with all beings on this Earth. Only those who let go of all the impurities of mind and soul can communicate with nature.

A day before Republic Day, the morning was bright. I was looking at the Sun from the window seat in the bus, but I was blinded. So I just thought of feeling its presence, without looking in his eyes. I like the Sun as much as I like summers, may be because am a June-born. But I also like the Moon and the stars and almost everything the nature has displayed on its face to talk to us…

Since my childhood, I loved the rain. I felt liberated when I danced in rain. With time and recurrent experiences, I started feeling that nature cried with me, whenever it found me deeply hurt. And then rains made me scared at times as Ididn't like hurting nature with my sadness.

There are zillions of things, happening every single day, but not everything has the power to hurt us… It’s we who give this power to someone to find the space, where he/she or it can get as close as hurting us…

But nature has the power to heal every wound… Nature can interact with us… provided our souls are full of love and empathy… As Paulo Coelho wrote in The Alchemist that all of us are part of the Soul of the World… I have been able to meet such people in this life… It’s not magic, but no less than a miracle.

But those who are bound with ego and lust for money, fame and all the materialistic pleasures of life are never able to experience this miracle… Hitherto, I never articulated this to anyone, but after reading The Alchemist, I felt like sharing this with everyone… Some of you may discard this as pure gibberish but my friends, if you do not believe me, try it one day and you will understand me then.

The day you’ll listen to your heart, you will know that the nature talks to you in its own special ways…

No comments: