July 19, 2010

A Tweet To Kill

Blogging is no more personal. At least not on Twitter. The lines between personal and professional are blurring fast. Every time a colleague sends you an invite on a social network, you have no reasons to deny it (and somewhere in your heart you have second thoughts whether to add the person or not). Whatever you post at home, becomes a topic of discussion at workplace. Which most of the times is unwanted.

This just pisses you off. Why can't I have a complete personal profile! You may scream loud inside with a smile on your face. :)

You have no choice buddy! You can run, but you can't hide. I remember my previous boss asking me to follow him on Twitter and even as I readily became his follower. What 'followed' was unimaginable.

Two months after I started my blog, he walked up to me and said I had been blogging too much :D

As if, that was true! He must have been reading all my posts and it was more than clear, that I wanted to leave the job! Twitter just became a tool to point his fingers on me. I had seen seniors blogging and chatting on Facebook and Orkut during office hours, which I never approved of. But as they say, "The thief is the one, who's caught."

But sometimes, you just become a scapegoat! What happened with Shashi Tharoor is well known.

No comments: